I really had a great time doing the Blogtober Halloween that I’ve already begun to look up new ideas for November. This month holds my absolute favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. It holds a very special place in my heart. I want to use this time to express the gratitude I have for the many things in my life.
Today we begin with a person I am thankful for. This is very difficult as there are so many people in my life who I am so blessed to be in my life and for the second time recreating new and healthier relationships. I can’t stick with one.
- I am thankful for my son, Eddie Chase, who is the light and love of my life. He was the best decision of my life and I’m so blessed that God graced me with his sweet little vessel only to be used by the Father one day.
- Patrick, who has shown me the way a real and loving relationship should be had. Of all the people in this world, he was not one I ever thought would bless mine the way he has. I couldn’t be more honored than to be the woman in his life.
- Mom aka Nonnie, has shown me true love of a mother who really wants what is best for myself and my son. She stepped up so strongly even after Pops passed and she is a person who I aspire to be. She is someone I look up to and hope I can only be one day.
- Dad aka Papa John, he saved my life. I have such a different outlook and relationship with him now that I love and cherish so much. God mended us so beautifully and I just want to show him how much he is loved because you never know how much time you get with the ones you love.
- Jo, she came out of nowhere after I deleted over half of my “friends” on facebook to start this new clean life of the Lord and sobriety. She came to me asking to go to online AA meetings with her because she is cleaning up her life as well. We had our differences in the past and drug/alcohol use and other not so good situations come up, but I want to look past it all and have my best friend back. She has such a good heart and I feel the Lord sent her my way for a reason.
- Victoria, I couldn’t have asked for a better best friend in Christ than her. He really set me up for success in the ministry because of her. She has such a passion and love for the ministry and Christ that I only long to establish one day. I don’t know what His plan is, but it is going to be something extraordinary!
I just feel as if these are my “Group of People” who I know I can trust and go to for any and everything at this time. I’m so lucky to have these wonderful beings in my life who were hand-picked by God to serve just as I am. We all may be in our different walks or faith or struggling to get there, but in the end it will be so. I can feel it with all my being. The Lord has never let me down and will continue to be faithful until we meet together in Heaven.
Today’s Gratitude Scripture:
“The LORD is my Strength and my Shield; in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped, my heart exhaults, and with my song I give thanks to him.” -Psalm 28:7 ESV
I want to share an excerpt and a prayer from my 40 Days study before I head out because it really touched my spirit and I feel the need to share. You never know who needs to hear these things and the Lord has asked me to provide.
“The call to Stephen, Phillip, Paul and Peter is still our call today: to pray, look and seek out every opportunity to share the hope we have found, no matter where or to whom God calls us. To break out of our routines and comfort zones. To overcome our fears. To invest our hearts. To be the vessel to bring God’s created ones closer to His heart, His Word and the miracle-working, transforming power of His Holy Spirit.”
If you feel the need, you can pray this prayer with me.
Heavenly Father, I want to share my faith. Share what is means to live in the assurance of Your love and in the power of Your Holy Spirit. Teach me how to do it. Give me the confidence I need to take that first step. You and the Lights of the World. Let Your Light shine brightly in and through me.
When I feel unworthy, anxious and afraid to step out in faith, remind me of who You are and who I am in You. Remind me that You are with me and You are enough. You are strong and courageous. You are my Strength and my Shield.
Lead me where You want me to go. Show me who You want me to speak to. When I’m with them, empower me with boldness. Fill my mouth with Your words. Anoint me with Your power. Give me Christ-like confidence and assurance.
Never let me forget that I am Your called one. Saved and redeemed so that I can tell my story and draw others into Your beautiful family, God.
I boldly declare this day that I am a child of God! Fear and intimidation will not stop me from sharing the good news of Jesus. Greater is the One who lives in me than the one who lives in the world. Thank you that no weapon formed against me will prosper as I go forth in faith doing Your kingdom work. Thank You that, just as You were with Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Joseph, Esther, Ruth, Daniel, Stephen, Paul, and Jesus, You are with me wherever I go.
I am Your vessel, Lord, Your instrument. Use me. Empower me. Speak through me. Take the seeds I scatter and bless them abundantly so they bear fruit for Your Kingdom, now and for all eternity. I ask this in the name of the One who crushed the serpent’s head, who is the Alpha and the Omega, my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus.